Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

On Collecting Things So Far


Since moving to the country the desire to want Crown Lynn adorning my shelves and featuring as the centre piece of my kitchen table has been discovered. I have been influenced by stylish home magazines which show collections of crown Lynn gathered on any available surface. Homes of distinction are riddled with the stuff. These pieces were once the making of a fabulous wedding or house warming present and now, I want some!

I have also discovered the beauty of second hand stores and antique shops. My house so far is filled (sparsely) with miss matching wooden chairs, a second-hand couch, a retro formica kitchen table and a collection of old and new prints and photographs. My kitchen holds mainly things passed down from family members, and it is probably my favourite room as it is where i become a baking goddess! (More on this to come!)
My French salt and pepper shakers (no reason to believe they are French, but how could they not be!) p.s. Thank you to an aunty for these!

1 comment:

Linda Jo said...

I have no idea what Crown Lynn is. (probably had an e on Crown?) But can't see the post while commenting here. ha! Anyway...just found you through your mom's blog...so I'm sure if I continue reading you...I will soon know what CL is.