Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

Here's My Swan (To Be)

Who would believe that these would become a collectors item? Isn't it funny that one generations junk is another's desire? Trademe has been hijacked by people clinging to this trend. It is my fault, a supply and demand thing. But these savvy sellers have done their research, they are hunting top dollar. They play their cards, and tell you that their item is 'very rare', one saying that too rare even for the humble church fair. I guess the advantage of this bidding war is that we can sit inside next to the fire and trade until ours hearts content, however, where is the fun in that? What's wrong with getting up early on a Saturday morning and rummaging through someone's garage? Have we lost the ability to rummage? I think I will scavenge for my CL colourglaze tea set, I've decided it doesn't have to be matching. Because where's the fun in that?
(Picture found @ www.collectiques.co.nz)

No comments: